Cardinal Motors Ltd
104 Lord Street, Wolverhampton, WV3 0QL
Terms and Conditions
We Cardinal Motors Ltd accepts vehicles in order to provide goods and/or services includes but is not limited to, repairs, inspection, determine and estimating repairs, garaging or for any other purpose. The provision of goods and services are subject to the following terms and conditions:-
1. Estimates are valid for 28 days from the date given. If instructions are not received from a customer (in response to an estimate rendered) Within 28 days, Cardinal Motors Ltd may invoice for reasonable storage charges from from the date the vehicle was received until collection.(Note:-Cardinal Motors Ltd does not as a general rule make any such charge for garaging pending instructions, if the repairs ultimately carried out by Cardinal Motors Ltd and duly paid for).
2. All estimates by Cardinal motors Ltd are subject to change by variations to the Company of labour, material and spare parts of the date of estimate. In the event of any variation occurring before or after the acceptance of the estimate Cardinal Motors if it thinks fit require the customer to pay on completion of the work and any increase due to such variation.
3. If no estimate is provided or if part only of the work covered by the estimate is carried out Cardinal Motors shall be entitled to charge a reasonable and proper price for the work done(including any stripping down leading to determination as to the practicability or otherwise of any work and reassembly) and for materials and spare parts supplied.
4. Cardinal Motors Ltd may refuse to carry out all, or part of any work for any reason whether or not an estimate has been provided.
5. Variations to the estimate, the scope of the repair or work, the prices chargeable shall be subject to all these terms and conditions and so that any such variation shall not be deemed to constitute or create a new or separate contract
6.Orders received for goods and/or services, from any driver employed by the customer or by any person is reasonably believed to be action as the customers agent, or by the order of any person to whom Cardinal Motors Ltd is entitled to make a delivery of the vehicle, shall be binding upon the customer.
7. Cardinal Motors Ltd may demand a deposit before commencing any work. The customer shall co-operate with the company in all matters relating to the services.
Every endeavor will be made to provide the Goods and/or services by the estimated time, but Cardinal Motors shall not be liable for any delay in completing the goods and /or services.
Time shall not be of the essence in respect of this clause. Risk passes on delivery or where relevant on collection.
1. Payment for all goods and/or services, repairs and/or spare parts supplied is due as per your terms of trade. The goods and/ or services,repair is completed for the purpose of these terms and conditions when notice has been given that the vehicle is ready for collection. All goods and/or services shall remain the absolute unencumbered property of Cardinal Motors until such time as the company has received payment in full from the customer in respect of such goods and/or services. Cheques will be accepted where a valid credit limit has been agreed in advance .
2. The company shall have general lien on all customers vehicles and all of their contents for all monies owing to Cardinal Motors by the customer on any account whatsoever. Cardinal Motors shall be entitled to reasonable storage charges during any period in which the vehicle is retained by virtue of lien. Cardinal Motors will have a right of set off against ant monies owed by it to its customer in the event of non payment.
3.If the customers indebtedness to Cardinal motors is not satisfied within three months from the date of the first invoice to the customer, The company may without notice, sell any vehicle owned by the customer and/or the contents thereof by public auction treaty. The net proceeds of the sale shall be applied towards satisfying monies due from the customer to the company, and any balance shall be paid by the customer to the company on demand.
1. Where in any case a driver who, so far as the company is aware, has the authority to collect the vehicle, collects the same, Cardinal Motors shall not be responsible to the collect the vehicle, collect the vehicle, collects the same, Cardinal Motors shall not be responsible to the customer for any loss or damage resulting, on the grounds that such driver had in fact no such authority, and this not withstanding that delivery may have been made without payment of the companies account. It shall not be obligatory upon the company to seek conformation of the authority of any person reasonably believed to be then, or to have been at some time, connected with the customer.
Limitation of liability
2. Where the customer is not a customer, all statements, conditions or warranties as to quality of the goods or the fitness for purpose whether expressed or implied by law or otherwise are hereby expressly excluded. Where the customer is not a consumer, all statements, conditions or warranties as to performing the service to a reasonable standard of care whether expressed or implied by law or otherwise are hereby expressly excluded.
3. The company is not responsible for loss or damage to vehicles or other property whatsoever or however occasioned, except when such loss or damage is caused by sole negligence or deliberate act of the company or its servants. Under no circumstances will the company accept liabillity for loss or damage outside its control or for any indirect loss, consequential loss, loss of profits, loss of business, loss of use or any special loss.
1. In connection with any inspection, repair, or contemplated repair, other services or any purpose for which a vehicle is accepted by the company, the customer is deemed, unless express notice in writing is given to the contrary, to have authorized the driving of the vehicle on the road or elsewhere.
2. The customer shall be entitled to the benefit of any warranty to which the company is entitled as against the manufacturer of parts and materials supplied or any sub contractor.
3. All parts removed by the company in the course of repair shall, if not claimed by the customer within 14 days after the completion of the repair be deemed to be owned by the company and they shall become the companies absolute property.
4. Any notice to the customer posted to his/her last known address shall be good notice any query regarding this invoice to be made in writing within 14 days of receipt.
5 .Save where the context forbids, the expression “vehicle” Wherever used in these conditions includes car, van lorry, trailer, bus and coach, and as a separate unit or otherwise, engine, axle, gearbox clutch, generator, starter, battery and each and every component of the vehicle.
6. No alteration or qualification of these printed terms and conditions shall be effective unless in writing, signed on behalf of the company by a director or a duly authorised officer of the company. No other person has any authority to alter or qualify in any way the above printed conditions or to enter into any contract for repair for any of the purposes set out in the preamble above on behalf of the company otherwise than on such conditions.
7. Customers are strongly advised to remove all items of value not connected with the vehicle when leaving it on the companies premises, Since the company cannot accept liability for any loss or damage to the same except in consumer transactions when this is shown to have been caused by lack of reasonable care on the part of the company.
8. If the companies performance of its obligations under the contract is prevented or delayed by any act or omission of the customer, its agents subcontractors, consultants or employees, the company shall not be liable for any costs, charges or losses sustained or incurred by the customer arising directly or indirectly from such prevention or delay.
9. The customer shall be liable to pay the company, on demand, all reasonable costs, charges or losses sustained or incurred by the company arising directly or indirectly from the customers fraud, negligence or failure to perform or delay in the performance of any of its obligations under the terms and conditions.
10. The customer shall have no no liability to the customer under the terms and conditions if it is prevented from, or delayed performing, it obligations under the terms and conditions or from carrying on its business by acts, events, omissions or accidents beyond its reasonable control including (without limitation ) strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes failure or a utility service or transport network , act of god, war , riot, civil commotion , malicious damage compliance with any law or governmental order, rule , regulation, direction ,accident breakdown of machinery , fire flood storm or default of suppliers or subcontractors.
We always endeavor to provide the best service and products for our customers. However, on rare occasions, we recognise that there may be times where our customers may not be completely satisfied.
To ensure we are able to put things rights as soon as we can, please read our complaints procedure below and we will respond promptly to ensure complete satisfaction.
As soon as possible after the completion of the works, please inspect the work to ensure everything has been carried out to our usual high standards.
In the unlikely event there is anything you are not completely satisfied with, please contact us as soon as you can in order that we can rectify any problems as soon as possible.
Where we cannot resolve any complaints using our own complaints procedure, as a Which? Trusted trader we use Dispute Resolution Ombudsman for dispute resolution. In the unlikely event of a complaint arising and you wish to refer the complaint to them please contact us on 0117 981 2929 or via their website http://www.disputeresolutionombudsman.org/which-trusted-traders-partnership/
Cardinal Motors Ltd 2018
V.A.T Reg. No 361 8865 22